Do You Ride a Motorcycle?
If you ride a motorcycle and you are involved in an accident, would you know what to do? Do you know what to do regarding personal insurance details involving any other party in the accident? As a motorcyclist you should know what to do if you sustain injuries or cause injuries, so before purchasing motorcycle insurance, speak with an insurance agent so that you’re never left in the dark.
Types of Coverage for Motorcycles
- Bodily Injury & Property Damage covers you if an accident is your fault and you cause injuries and/or other property damage
- Collision & Comprehensive covers your bike in case of an accident that resulted in damage to your bike. It also includes coverage for theft and vandalism as well. You pick your deductible for each coverage.
- Uninsured & Underinsured Motorist covers you and your bike if the accident is the other person’s fault and they don’t have insurance or carry inadequate coverage to cover your injuries or property losses.
- Medical Payments covers your necessary medical expenses after an accident.
- Equipment Coverage is included on some policies but it is always wise to talk about this coverage since you may increase it if you like, or have multiple accessories or custom parts.
How Much Coverage Do You Need for Your Motorcycle?
According to statistics, most motorcycle accidents are usually not the fault of the motorcyclist, but are often ascribed to the driver of an automobile or other type of vehicle. Since insurance laws vary, it’s important to know what you need in the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area and for your particular situation. The insurance agents listed by DFW Insurance will help you build a customized policy that is perfect for your needs. Plus they’ll help you determine how much comprehensive and collision coverage you should carry, as well as how much bodily injury and property damage liability, medical payments and roadside assistance coverage you should maintain.
With so many motorcycle options available from top insurers in the state, it pays to shop around. Searching DFW Insurance can help you save money all while getting the motorcycle insurance coverage that fits your needs.
As a local, insurance agency directory, DFW Insurance lists only the top automotive insurance companies in the business. You can compare your coverage and rates with the different automotive insurance carriers and find the policy and price that work best for you. Choose from the best insurance companies in the DFW area and contact agents directly for auto insurance quotes and available discounts.